If you’re a fan of Norse mythology-themed slot games uk like me, then you need to check out the 7×7 cluster pays Odin’s Riches slot at Thor Slots, brought to us by Microgaming’s studio Just For The Win. The 2021 release has a low 96.07% Return to Player percentage, considering I’m used to slots ranking at 97%.
I was also nervous about the high volatility because I knew the bonuses might be difficult to trigger. However, there is a variety of Odin’s Riches bonuses available, including extra wilds, free spins, symbol substitutions, random modifiers, and more. The stakes are set from 20p to £50 per spin, perfect for me, who prefers to bet on the low side.
Check out more from the Odin’s Riches slot review below, or play free online slots on Thor Slots after depositing your first £10 and winning up to 500 Vikings Go Berzerk free spins (Terms & Conditions Apply).
Review of Odin’s Riches RTP & Volatility
As a professional slot player, I first look at the Odin’s Riches slot game data before starting up my game. This goes a long way in helping me determine what bets I want to set and how long I want to play.
I find the 96.07% RTP value low, but it didn’t stop me from making my bets even though I’m used to slots being at 97%. It just meant that if I wagered £100 in the game overall, it would likely pay me back to £96. The high volatility also impacted my gameplay because I ended up playing the Odin’s Riches game for a while before seeing any substantial rewards. This is what I could find on the stats;
|Gameplay||7x7 cluster pays slot|
|Developer||Just For The Win & Microgaming in 2021|
|Bonus features||Symbol substitutions in the Rolling Reels feature, Odin’s Wilds feature: where 4 to 9 wilds land on the reels. Up to 7 free spins in the free spins feature. Random game modifiers, e.g., reel rolls, winning symbols, randomly symbol upgrades, and wilds.|
|Bet range||20p to £50 per spin|
|Related Slot Games||Thunderstruck 2, Viking Gods: Thor & Loki, and 2 Gods Zeus vs Thor.|
|Volatility||High where the wins are rare, but significant|
|Max payout||5,000x your stake|
|Casino Bonus||Thor Slots offers up to 500 Vikings Go Berzerk free spins for a £10 deposit (Terms & Conditions Apply).|
*All values are subject to change at any time.
Are the Graphics in this slot worth it?
I’m a fan of Norse mythology-themed slots, so I jumped at the Odin’s Riches slot when it was released in mid-2021. The developer executed the theme better than I’ve seen in other slots, with amazing clarity throughout the game.
I also enjoyed how the dark ominous soundtrack paired with Odin’s Riches spins and created the perfect tense atmosphere. The main symbols include; a serpent, dragon, ravens, and a wolf, where the dragon awards the highest value of 300x your stake for a cluster of 15 matching symbols.
Similar games to Odin's Riches can be found below:
- Tiki Vikings slots
- Vikings Fortune: Hold and Win slot
- Vikings Go to Hell slot machine
- Vikings Unleashed Megaways
Odin’s Riches Mobile
Most Just For The Win slots are HTML5-enabled available to play on all my mobile devices. I find this extremely convenient as I can have my best online slots wherever I go, regardless of what device I want to log on to. For example, all I’d need to do is log on to my favourite online casino Thor Slots to play the Odin’s Riches slot.
In addition, Thor Slots doesn’t compromise on the quality of the game; the large grid means that gameplay looks amazing on a small screen and works perfectly. You can play the game online like me as long as you have an active casino membership.
Does Odin’s Riches slot have an easy Gameplay?
At first, I was nervous to start my spins in Odin’s Riches because of the 7x7 cluster pays setup. However, within a few tries, the game becomes easy to play regardless of what level you’re on. These are some of the tips I used to understand the Odin’s Riches slot better:
- The game uses a 7x7 cluster pays setup where symbols occupy 49 positions on the reels during a spin.
- Use the coin button on the right to determine the stakes you want to bet from 20p to £50 per spin.
- Winning combinations in Odin’s Riches are completed when a cluster of 5 or more matching symbols is formed. The more symbols that land, the higher the rewards with the winning clusters occurring diagonally or vertically.
- The gold wild lands on the reels and replaces symbols as part of the winning clusters.
Where can I play Odin’s Riches slot game?
It would be wise to look for the game demo online before you go playing the Odin’s Riches slot for real money. It helped me practice the game to better understand the 7x7 cluster set up before I made my first bet on Thor Slots. If you’d like to skip to set up your Thor Slots account, you should do the following;
- Click the ‘Join The Raid’ button.
- A dialog box appears on the screen requesting your name, age, email address, and mobile number.
- Confirm the email address submitted is working since it is your direct link to the casino.
- Make your first £10 deposit to play Odin’s Riches, and win up to 500 free spins on Vikings Go Berzerk (Full Terms and Conditions Apply).
Are there any free spins and bonuses available?
I love a slot with bonus features, but I’ll have to admit I was a bit overwhelmed by the 7 bonus features available in the Odin’s Riches slot. If you enjoy variety in your slots, you might feel different. There are 4 modifiers you can trigger and a main free spins bonus with modifiers and expanding multipliers.
- Rolling Reels feature - after I landed winning combinations, the symbols part of the win got removed from the grid, and new symbols took their place. A wild symbol appears in one of the empty spaces, which helps in forming new winning combinations. The Reel Rolls keep occurring as long as new winning clusters form.
- Odin’s Wilds feature - it was exhilarating knowing the Odin’s Wilds feature can start randomly on a spin. Anywhere from 4 to 9 wilds can appear on the grid during the base game.
The fastest way to trigger the Mini features was to land winning clusters with the respective symbols added to the Bonus Meter on the left. Whenever I had 25 symbols collected in the Bonus Meter, one of the Mini features got triggered as follows;
- Dragon’s Riches feature: this feature started when any of my winning combinations comprised 5 or more matching symbols.
- Wolf’s Hunger feature: all low-value symbols were eliminated from the grid before a new Reel Roll occurred.
- Serpent’s Wisdom feature: 1 of the symbols got selected randomly as I played, and all instances of the symbol upgraded to a high-value symbol.
- Raven’s Flight feature: 2 diagonal lines form across the grid then all the standard symbols in the line get eliminated. The new Reel Roll is comprised of 3 to 5 wilds landing in the empty spots.
- Free spins feature: the Odin’s Riches free spins feature is the main bonus I triggered once 125 symbols accumulated in the Bonus Meter. 7 free spins are awarded once the Bonus Meter fills up, but the best part is that 1 of 4 Mini features can start on each free spin.
I also triggered multipliers on each free spin starting at 1x and increased by 1 every time I landed a Mini feature. It was difficult to re-trigger more spins because I needed 125 more symbols on one free spin. The Bonus Meter reset every time I couldn’t form any new winning clusters. The expanding multiplier is the quickest way to triggering the maximum 5,000x stake payout in the feature.
My personal take on Odin’s Riches slot
Odin’s Riches has a simple Norse mythology theme, but I couldn’t say the same for the gameplay. It felt a bit cluttered to me as a lot was happening in the game, starting from the 7×7 cluster pays engine and the 7 bonus features. The Mini features became too many to keep up with at some point, but I enjoyed the most in the free spins feature.
Odin’s Riches was a miss because aside from the high volatility, the gameplay confused me more than entertained me. Even the 49.44% hit frequency rate felt slightly misleading, so Odin’s Riches scored a 5/9 on my list.
Have you seen the popular documentary about Joe Exotic? If you have, don't miss the Joe Exotic slot, now available at Thor Slots!
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Win, etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.
*Any Free Spins/Welcome Bonuses References are subject to the following: NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT £10, £8 MAX WIN PER 10 SPINS, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO £250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY.