Players who visit online casino sites often should have heard of Slingo by now, a fantastic blend of bingo/slot gaming! There are countless Slingo games out right now, all covering everything from classic slots to branded gameshows to Slingo originals! Understand that popular Slingo titles are loved by thousands as they offer a completely different outlook to other casino games; practically anyone can pick up and play too, that includes you!
At Thor Slots, we understand that having a diverse games library is ideal, which is why we have almost every Slingo game available for you to enjoy 24/7! We look at every Slingo game as a chance to experience something new, which is why we are always adding new Slingo casino games constantly. After all, playing for real money in a Slingo game is said to be incredibly fun and a great change of pace. Keep reading to get your heard around Slingo games or view Thor's free slots; all of which are accessible when you deposit £10, opening the door to up to 500 free spins on top slot games (Full Ts & Cs Apply)!
What is Slingo?
Games with the Slingo name can take some getting used to, especially for players who play slot machines above all else. Every one of these Slingo games you see play the same for the most part; blending slot machines gameplay with bingo mechanics. Casino games like Slingo will always be popular due to how different/familiar they are.
To understand Slingo games, you must first get to grips with slots/bingo games; thankfully, Thor Slots has access to both if you'd like to try them out first. Consider this essential reading for new players:
Slot Games: Online slots are games of chance that ask you to combine unique symbols to trigger wins. All online slot machines have RNG systems in place that create a different experience each time. Slot machines play across reels and paylines; most standard games play on a 5 reel by 25 payline setup (it all depends on the game).
Slot machines come with various bonus features that alter gameplay in some way (i.e. free spin bonuses). Some players look for slots with the best bonus features as they can prove vital in how large your payouts can be. Be sure to check out the 'Hot Slots' section at Thor Slots to find some of our personal favourite slot games.
Bingo Games: Everyone should have some general idea of what bingo is and how it works by now. This classic game is similar to slots in that bingo is a game of chance, only the rules are a little simpler to follow. Your goal is to fill a numbered card as much as possible based on calls made by a bingo caller in bingo.
Most bingo games play for a line and then a full house. You can learn more about bingo, or try some games of bingo online for yourself, right here at Thor Slots! Online bingo is no different to land-based games; the only difference is everything is streamlined to make life easier for you. We have lobbies running throughout the day to cater to all types of players.
Easily the best way to understand Slingo Games is by playing them for yourself! There are multiple variations of this game (Slingo has well over two dozen games), all unique in terms of theme and tone. This is a game that shouldn't work on paper compared to slot games/bingo titles, yet here we are talking about it!
History of Slingo in the UK
Slingo originals, the team behind all Slingo titles, have a very rich and storied history, although they only started popping up in the UK a few years ago. The concept of Slingo goes back to the early 90s; there was a time where physical versions of Slingo were distributed in America! It took over a decade, but Slingo eventually found its feet amongst other top gaming titles.
All Slingo games were licensed and regulated in Britain by the gambling commission in 2018 and since then have gone on to find great success amongst iGaming enthusiasts everywhere. We here at Thor Slots can't get enough of Slingo Originals and can't wait for players to cash in on a unique gaming experience like no other!
How to Play Slingo Games Online
Bringing together slots and bingo might sound overly complicated to play, but it's really not; everything will make sense once you have a few spins under your belt.
- You set up all Slingo games in the same way you would when playing slots (by selecting bet amounts for each round). Using the plus (+) and minus (-) keys will raise/lower your bet.
- Once you're satisfied with the bet amount, just hit the Start button. The reels will then kick into motion, with 5 numbers generated randomly. Matching numbers will automatically mark themselves off — otherwise known as a 'Slingo'. Like in bingo, the goal is to fill up as many lines as you can in each game; the more spaces you cover, the better the payout!
- Wild bonuses can be found in Slingo titles, but they aren't the wilds you might be used to. Players have the opportunity to pick numbers to mark off if wilds land in a winning row; this is a fantastic way to cover the entire grid! Try to find wilds as often as possible to increase your chances of winning big. Free spins can be unlocked in all Slingo games, too; we'll be covering these features more in the next section.
Not clear enough? Here's a quick rundown of how you can play Slingo games at Thor Slots:
- Log in/sign up to Thor Slots.
- Click on any Slingo title and wait for it to load.
- Enter your preferred stake amount using the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons.
- Click the Start button to begin!
Slingo Symbols & Payouts
Casino titles like Slingo possess unique symbols for you to match; the only difference is they appear in the generator section, not on your main Slingo card (the one with all the numbers). There's only one row that displays bonuses; this makes it a lot easier to track how you're doing compared to an online slot machine; Slingo borrows more from bingo titles in how features are implemented.
These unique Slingo symbols can be found in every game no matter what; the same goes for licensed Slingo titles. The types of symbols to look out for include the following:
- Devils:Try to avoid devil symbols as much as possible if you can. In Slingo, devil symbols will block certain matches by hovering over a certain position. This symbol appears completely at random; you might not even see him at all.
- Jokers:Jokers have all the characteristics of wild icons you might find in other casino titles. Finding jokers will allow you to mark off any number in select columns. Joker symbols are quite common and can be found in the base game.
- Super Jokers:Consider Super Jokers an evolutionary step from your basic joker. Finding these symbols will mark off any number on the entire board, creating more opportunities for you to clear the entire board!
- Free Spins:Those of you chasing real money in Slingo should find free spins very helpful! If you find a free spin symbol, expect then to play an additional gameplay round of some kind. Slingo free spins aren't like standard free spin rounds; remember that.
- Coins:Looking for an instant boost to your payouts? Coin symbols that appear in the lower reel award instant prizes when found, adding to your total. The amount you win does vary but is definitely beneficial to players.
Best Slingo Games 2021
Every reputable casino site, like Thor Slots, has all the best Slingo titles ready for you to play! There are dozens of Slingo titles out right now, each as distinct as the last. If there's a popular IP out there, you can almost guarantee there is a Slingo variant out there to enjoy. Just look at the following Slingo games for examples:
- Slingo Who Wants To Be A Millionaire:Fans of the famous game show, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, will no doubt love this game. This is a medium volatility type of game that plays with an RTP of 93%. Here, the Slingo grid combines the standard layout with the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire filter turned on.
- Deal or No Deal Slingo:Prefer Deal or No Deal? Like the game above, this 5x5 Slingo game allows you to live out your dreams of starring on a hit game show. Noel Edmonds might not be here, but there are jokers and free spins up for grabs. The devil is the banker in this game; avoid him at all cost.
- Slingo Monopoly:Everyone's favourite board game has a Slingo variant! Monopoly Slingo is a 5 reel sort of game, played out over 12 paylines total. Players can enjoy this game from as low as 20p up to £25. Your goal is to collect properties; only you do that via Slingos this time around.
Slingo has a habit of taking established slots and giving them the Slingo treatment; this not only raises the profile of the original game but Slingo too! Only the best online slot titles receive this level of attention. Check out these Slingo games whenever you can (all available to you at Thor Slots):
- Slingo Rainbow Riches:The hit Irish-themed Rainbow Riches has made the switch to the world of Slingo! This game of Slingo can be played from 50p up to £200, giving punters plenty of ways to play. Slingo Rainbow Riches has a very whimsical feel, carrying over what made the original so great in the first place.
- Slingo Reel King:Play Slingo Reel King, and you'll become almost as rich as the king himself! This low to medium volatility game has recaptured Reel King's tone perfectly; the same goes for features. On each spin, a ding sound can play; if players hear this sound five times, then a unique bonus will trigger!
- Slingo Fluffy Favourites:Take a trip to the funfair one more time in this Fluffy Favourites adaptation from Slingo Originals. All your cuddly toy friends make an appearance here across a 5x5 grid. Finding pink elephant symbols on the bottom reel will help you win big prizes more often, so keep your eyes peeled.
Did you know this about Slingo? (FAQs)
In this section, we'll be covering all your Slingo-related questions to summarise everything there is to know about these incredibly fun titles.
What is Slingo exactly?
Slingo is the name given to a specific type of game that combines slot machines and bingo to create a unique hybrid. Your goal is to mark off every number on the larger grid as numbers/symbols are generated on the lower reel. Play Slingo games, win big prizes!
Does Slingo offer free spins?
You can take advantage of free slots in Slingo, but they aren't like free spin rounds in other popular casino titles. Players are awarded an extra round when triggered, giving you more opportunities to win a lot more frequently.
Who makes Slingo games?
Slingo Originals is the name of the software provider behind these hit titles. Gaming Realms are another name involved in the creation of these games who tend to focus more on the licensed Slingo variants (i.e. Monopoly Slingo).
Where can I play Slingo games?
Thor Slots is the place to be for all your Slingo needs! We are an online casino out of Great Britain offering unique experiences to players everywhere. You'll find a mix of Slingo Originals games here; be sure to check out some of our favourites:
We are constantly updating our library of Slingo games, so make sure you keep checking our catalogue of casino games.
Can I play Slingo on mobile?
Yes! All Slingo variants can be played on mobile, desktop and tablets. Titles like Slingo tend to play better on mobile, given how simple the base game is. Some players prefer the ability to play wherever; the gameplay of all versions is the same anyway.
*Any Free Spins/Welcome Bonuses References are subject to the following: NEW PLAYERS ONLY, MIN DEPOSIT £10, £8 MAX WIN PER 10 SPINS, MAX BONUS EQUAL TO LIFETIME DEPOSITS (UP TO £250), 65X WAGERING REQUIREMENTS AND FULL T&CS APPLY.
*All values (Bet Levels, Maximum Wins etc.) mentioned in relation to this slot game are subject to change at any time.