Love Blackjack? Love gaming? But do you also enjoy the comfort of your own home? Then look no further! Live Blackjack could be just what you’re looking for. The live casino gaming market has really taken off in the last few years, and it’s easy to see why. Read on for our complete guide to everything you need to know about Live Blackjack.
If Blackjack is not your thing though no worries; Thor slots is the home of free slots, so feel free to check out our top games below:
What is Live Blackjack?
So what even is live casino gaming? Let us explain. It is basically like going to a casino from your own home, but they can actually be even better! There’s a real person behind the game, whether they are spinning a wheel or dealing the cards. There are so many games you can play at a live casino and Blackjack is one of the most popular. The main aim of the game is to have a hand that gets as close to 21, compared to the banker’s hand. Live Blackjack doesn’t include any Jokers, and is played with a 52 card deck. Depending on which online casino you choose to play at, most have different and exciting variations of the game. Playing at a live casino still gives you a level of human interaction, in fact you can still talk to the dealer through the computer! This gives you an authentic gaming experience, and it will definitely please the traditionalists out there! Tempted? Then you’ll need a fast internet connection, a device to play on and an account.
Not your cup of tea? Play free slot games here!
How do you play Live Blackjack?
Like we said, you need a good internet connection and to create an account. Creating an account will help keep you organised, as it allows you to keep track of your winnings, bankroll and times. Its super simple, all you will need to provide is your address, phone number and email. You’ll also need to state your preferred currency, so it’s super easy to get your winnings! Depending on which casino you play with you may have to download the software in use before you can begin. This is beneficial to you, as it will provide you with a good standard of gameplay and graphics. Also this won’t require you to have such a fast internet connection.
The games all display a virtual control panel, you’ll find this panel at the top of your screen and it is your main interaction in the game with the dealer. It provides you with all of the details you need. It also has virtual tip boxes for if you’re feeling generous! If ever you feel stuck or lost during the game you can access the instructions through this panel. This should provide you beginners out there with some reassurance.
Rules of this Casino Game
Live casinos stay as true to the game as possible, as it follows how it’s played in land based casinos. You’ll face the dealer who will be sat behind the betting table. The dealer will draw the cards and lie them face up in front of your bet and you will also be able to see the cards of the other players. You will then decide on what you want to wager and bet, and then the dealer will carry on drawing the cards. The game is played with face cards, King, Queen and Jack and these have a value of 10. The Ace card can be worth 1 or 11 depending on your other cards and how the game is being played. The other cards in play are cards 2 through to 10, and they are worth their numbers. Your total hand is based upon your cards, and if your hand exceeds 21 during the game then you’ll will have lost you wager and your hand will be considered bust.
Strategies for Blackjack
There are lots of different options at your disposal once your cards have been chosen. Let’s break them down:
- Stand: This is where you refuse a card and stay with your hand. This is a good strategy if you hold a 10 card and an Ace, otherwise known as a natural blackjack.
- Hit: This is the opposite of stand as you’re asking for an additional card from the dealer in the hope of increasing the value. This strategy can be utilised as often as you wish, but you have to keep in mind that if you go bust then you’ll lose.
- Split: If you would like to split your hand you must have a pair of cards. If you split your hand you will have made two completely separate hands, at the value of the card you split. This could help you to win, double them in fact! It can be considered a risky strategy though, as your new hand will need to match the first bet of your original hand. Try your luck and you could walk away with big wins!
- Double Down: You can get an extra card by doubling your initial bet. You can only do this once though. What’s more, you’ll need to consider that some live casinos don’t offer this option or they only offer it on particular hands. If you really want to use this strategy then check the rules before you play, or use the live chat feature to ask the dealer about the gameplay rules.
- Insurance: You may have the opportunity to make an insurance bet, you can only do this if the dealer has drawn an Ace for their first card. You’re betting on the dealer’s hand and that you think their next card will be a natural blackjack.
Payouts in Live Blackjack
The payout from Live Blackjack will depend not only on what live casino you play at, but the version of the game you play as there are many variations. Apart from this, payouts are pretty simple as they are set at 1:1 for a win. If you get a win on a natural blackjack this goes up to 3:2 payout, while if your insurance bet was successful then your payout will be 2:1.
For casino and slot bonuses follow the link above. There is something for everyone on Thor Slots and you can play both black and pay by phone slots through our mobile casino!